Statement of Purpose
The primary purpose of this group shall be to encourage and actively promote truly interdisciplinary STEM Education research at The Citadel by bringing together researchers from the School of Science and Mathematics, Zucker Family School of Education, and School of Engineering to collaborate on grant and research opportunities.
Further purposes shall be:
- to foster the mutual welfare and community of teacher-researchers at The Citadel,
- to promote the highest standards of STEM education throughout the Lowcountry,
- and to foster an awareness of the important role of research in undergraduate education.
Selected SERG Publications
- Robinson, R. & Jocius, R. (2017) Barriers to Engagement in Mathematical Discourse: Malignant Positioning in the Secondary Mathematics Classroom. Proceedings of the 39th annual meeting of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education. Indianapolis, IN. (accepted)
Selected SERG Grants
- Co-Principal Investigator
- Project Title: Collaborative Research: Integrating computing in STEM: Designing, developing, and investigating a team-based professional development model for middle- and high-school teachers.
- Grant Title: STEM+Computing (STEM+C)
- Award Amount: $1,536,264.00
- Project Duration: Sept 2017-Aug 2020
- Jennifer Albert (Co-PI), Richard Robinson (Co-PI), Robin Jocius (Literacy Lead)
- Project Title: Promoting Problem Solving and Sense-Making: Engaging Teachers in the Mathematical Process
- Grant Title: Improving Teacher Quality Higher Education State Grant
- Award Amount: $172,257.50
- Project Duration: Jan 2017-Aug 2018
If you are interested in joining the group, please contact:
Dr. Richard Robinson
SERG Founder and Director
Dr. Jennifer Albert
SERG Grants Director