Message from the President
The Citadel’s faculty and staff have been hard at work planning and laying the groundwork for the return of cadets and students to campus in the fall. Having discussed our future plans with many cadets, students, parents, faculty, staff and alumni, I understand that our community wants to return to campus to partake of the transformational academic and leadership development experience for which our college is renowned. The time-tested value of The Citadel experience pays tremendous dividends for our graduates, and our faculty and staff are committed to delivering this experience to our cadets and students.
Operating in a COVID-19 environment requires commitment to a lot of new measures to protect the health and safety of every member of our campus community, but it’s absolutely worth the effort. Your health, safety and well-being are and will remain our primary consideration. This page is intended to provide the information you need to be prepared for the fall; check back regularly for updated information.
For us to be successful, every member of our Citadel family will have to do his or her part. The good news here is that our operating model, inclination toward service to others and emphasis on personal discipline place our college in a strong position to execute this campaign, which we have named Operation Fall Return 2020.
Semper Fi and Go Dogs!
Glenn M. Walters, General USMC (retired)
The Citadel will set conditions for cadets and students to return to an adapted face-to-face instruction and training model designed to protect the health and safety of our community while providing the powerful education and leadership development experience for which the college is renowned.
Return to Work
- Enable physical social distancing to limit population density on campus and in classrooms
- Develop COVID-19 safety training for all students and employees
- Follow guidance provided by South Carolina and CDC regulations when developing procedures
- Modify the strategic plan as needed to best serve the safety of the community
- Read the return to work protocol
Cadet & Student Life
- Corps of Cadets: Matriculation will be held as planned on August 8 with classes beginning August 19
- CGC Students: Classes will begin August 19
- In-Person classes will resume with specific safety protocol for each type of class
- After a shortened fall furlough, which will take place over the Thanksgiving holiday, the end of the semester will be completed remotely
- Advanced technology will be purchased and provided to ensure quality of education for those classes that may be moved to an online platform
- Citadel Alumni Fall Return Town Hall
Monday, July 6 | 7pm EST | Watch Video
- Citadel Parents and Students Fall Return Town Hall
Wednesday, July 8 | 7pm EST | Watch Video
- Citadel Class of 2024 Fall Return Town Hall
Tuesday, July 21 | 7pm EST | Watch Video
- Citadel Army ROTC Overview and Opportunities Town Hall
Tuesday, July 28 | 7pm EST | Join
- President’s Address to Class of 2024 Fall Cadet-Athlete Parents
Monday, August 3 | 7pm EST | Join
- Non-Cadet Students Town Hall
Thursday, August 6 | 5pm EST | Join
- President’s Address to Class of 2024 Parents
Thursday, August 13 | 7pm EST | Join