This section provides information on Purchasing at The Citadel. Please follow the appropriate link below.
- Purchasing Card – Information on obtaining and using the card.
- Purchasing Program – How departments can obtain goods and services.
A South Carolina state contract exists for rental vehicles needed for official state business. Departments who need to reserve a rental vehicle can either call or visit the vendors’ websites to make a booking by providing the SC Contract number, 4400025119 for Enterprise and 440025041 for Hertz. The p-card can be used for reservation purposes, but be aware when making the reservation that the credit card used at the time the reservation is processed will need to be physically present with the user of the rental vehicle. If the p-card holder making the reservation is NOT the person using the vehicle, the user will need to present their personal credit card at the pick-up location and submit a reimbursement request after the rental is completed. Requests to establish direct billing accounts with a vendor are subject to approval by the Vice President for Finance & Business and will be carefully considered on a case-by-case basis.
1. Department calls or visits the website of Enterprise or Hertz and makes the reservation referencing the State Contract #.
2. Payment information is provided at the time the reservation is made, but please be aware that the credit card used to make the reservation must be physically provided when the vehicle is picked up.
a. If the user of the vehicle has a p-card, it may be used to make the reservation, but if not, a personal credit card will be required.
b. Departments that have been preapproved for a direct billing account may use that payment method when making the reservation.
3. Vehicle is utilized for the reservation and returned to the vendor.
4. If a personal credit card was used for the rental, the staff member will submit a travel reimbursement request to be reimbursed for the charges placed on their card.