Welcoming Diversity Leadership in Diversity and Respect Workshop
The workshop is active, experiential, and fun, and it is an excellent opportunity to meet new people and make connections with colleagues from across campus. In addition, workshop components are designed to help participants enhance their intercultural competence and develop skills for leading in diverse environments. Many have found that the workshop enhances their work with others on campus and in the classroom. This workshop is especially helpful for newer faculty and staff.
What You’ll Learn at Welcoming Diversity Workshop
- how to identify information and misinformation that people carry about various social identity groups;
- how to identify and express pride in groups to which we belong;
- learn how other groups experience mistreatment;
- learn the impact of specific incidents of discrimination; and
- learn to interrupt prejudicial jokes, remarks and slurs.
Welcoming Diversity: Leadership in Diversity and Respect Workshop
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Time: 8:30am to 3:00pm
Who: Citadel faculty, staff, and graduate assistants
NCBI Diversity Workshop
Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Time: 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Who: Upperclass Cadets & Veteran Students
Dinner : Provided
If you would like to participate in a NCBI workshop, or learn more about The Citadel’s NCBI Chapter, click here.