Leadership Studies Graduate Programs Admission Requirements
The Department of Leadership Studies has developed programs of study to benefit professionals of varying levels of experience and backgrounds. Find all Leadership Studies admission requirements below.
Submit all admission materials to the Graduate College Office. The Citadel Master in Leadership Studies program applicants must submit the following items for admission consideration:
- An online application.
- Official transcripts from the institution where the highest degree was earned. An unofficial transcript can be used for admission purposes, but the official transcript is required to register.
- Official graduate admission test scores. We will accept the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination(GRE). Valid scores must be five years old or less. MCAT, PCAT, or LSAT scores can be submitted in place of GMAT or GRE for applicants currently enrolled in or graduates of a Medical, Pharmacy, or Juris Doctorate program. Submit an official transcript indicating current enrollment or completion of the stated above degree. Applicants who have completed a Master’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher may request a waiver in writing through the Graduate College Office during the admissions process. Submit an official transcript demonstrating completion of the degree and GPA.
- Minimum for GRE is a verbal and quantitative combination of 290
- Minimum for MAT is a score of 396
- Applicants who score between 283-289 on the GRE or 380-395 on the MAT may be provisionally accepted; upon completion of the first six hours of degree coursework, with a minimum GPA of 3.50, the student will be considered fully admitted.
The college considers an international student to be any student who does not have American citizenship or permanent residency status. International applicants must additionally submit:
- Official TOEFL scores
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended. Any transcripts from colleges outside the United States are evaluated by a NACES accrediting agency and include course by course evaluations. There may be a request for supporting course descriptions and/or syllabi translated to English.
The applicant for admission is reviewed when a complete application is received. Students receive an admissions decision in writing. Provisional admission may be offered to applicants with slightly lower undergraduate GPA and/or GMAT/GRE scores that are generally accepted. This will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants denied admission may petition the decision in writing to the Department Head for Leadership Studies for reconsideration, citing any extenuating or mitigating circumstances.
For questions about the admission process, please contact CGC at email@example.com or (843) 953-5089.