Welcome to the 2022 – 2023 school year. Please see Team Briefing for updates to the Club Sports Program.
Members of the South Carolina Corps of Cadets depend on volunteer advisors, instructors, coaches, and team assistants in the ICRA Club Sports program. The college is delighted to welcome these volunteers. However, please be familiar with our coach and volunteer policies before you join the team.
- Recognize and support the mission of educating and developing principled leaders in all walks of life. Advisors, coaches, instructors, and team assistants should focus on providing instruction and serving as models of principled leadership. ICRA Club Sports are first and foremost student organizations. Team captains and players deserve the opportunity to coordinate team activities with advice from you and with permission and encouragement to make decisions independently.
- Review and follow all policies and procedures of The Citadel, including the college policy on hazing, guidelines for conduct as outlined in The White Book, Chapter 4: Cadet Support Services, the Commandant’s Disciplinary Restrictions for Club and Club Sport Special Orders, and the Procurement Department’s Policies and Regulations governing purchases.
- Review and support Player Packet requirements for all players.
- Help ensure that the Code of Conduct is adhered to, including during practices, competitions, travel, and other club functions.
- Support the standard that routine team business is handled by team captains and players (i.e., field preparation, submitting forms, meetings).
- Know that participation in ICRA Club Sports is entirely voluntary. Therefore, monetary awards or other forms of compensation may not be promised or given to any player or prospective player.
- Recognize that advisors, coaches, instructors, and team assistants must be recommended by team captains, reviewed by the Director of Club Sports, and approved by the Campus Club Coordinator. ICRA Club Sports are members of The Citadel Student Affairs Team. All participants, including advisors, coaches, instructors, and team assistants, are supervised by the Executive Director of Student Affairs and Academic Services or his designee.
- Accept that advisors, coaches, instructors, and team assistants may not use The Citadel equipment for private off-campus activities. In addition, advisors, coaches, instructors, and team assistants may not use The Citadel facilities for personal activities unless there is a contractual agreement with the Office of Events Management.
- Refrain from committing college, team, and participant resources to activities outside of the team’s stated purpose in its constitution and bylaws.
- Accept that all team activities may involve only opponents who are 18 years or older. While community service activities may be considered, they must comply with the policies and procedures of the Center for Protection of Minors on Campus.
- Consider purchasing personal medical and liability insurance.
- At the start of each academic year, update your Coaching Packet. If you need help completing this form, we will be happy to assist.