To receive optimal financial aid assistance toward your education at The Citadel, paperwork must be filed at the right time. This timetable is designed to keep you informed about application deadlines and the annual financial aid schedule in our office. Please click on The Financial Aid Process graphic to enlarge.
Financial Aid Timetable:
- First week: Financial aid disbursed for the current spring semester
- Continue assembling financial aid packages for incoming freshmen
- Summer school financial aid application available
- Mid-month: Upper-class scholarship application posted online
- South Carolina Teacher and Career Changer Loan Applications available for upcoming school year
- Upper-class scholarship application opens
- Ongoing freshman financial aid award notifications for upcoming academic year
- Cease processing financial aid for current academic year
- Upper-class scholarship application closes
- Summer school financial aid application priority deadline
- Disburse financial aid for Maymester
- Package upper-class financial aid accounts, including scholarships
- Set up fall tuition payment plans with Treasurer’s Office
- Disburse financial aid for Summer Session I
- Deadline to apply for financial aid for the upcoming year and to have optimal financial aid available in time for fall fee payment
- Disburse financial aid for Summer Session II
- Fall Semester fees payment deadline
- Disburse financial aid for Fall Semester
- FAFSA opens up for the academic year beginning the following fall; for example, for the 2022-23 academic year, the 2022-23 FAFSA opens on October 1, 2022.
- Priority deadline for the current FAFSA to be received at The Citadel for upcoming spring semester (does not apply if you received aid at The Citadel for current Fall Semester)
- FAFSA Priority Deadline
- Freshman award notices begin for upcoming full academic year.
Financial Aid Questions?
If you have any questions about financial aid and the timetable, don’t hesitate to reach out the the Office of Financial Aid here at The Citadel.