The Citadel has received an award notice from the US Department of Education for the Following HEERF supplemental awards totaling $1,249,579. The plan is to distribute these funds as quickly as possible directly to student accounts for refunds beginning March 25, 2021.
Student must be enrolled at least half-time in the Spring Semester 2021.
Student must have valid/verified 2020-21 FAFSA form on file.
The financial aid office confirms the following:
- US Citizen or Eligible non-citizen
- Evaluate the FAFSA to determine if the student has an EFC of less than 20,000. (Grant award of $493.51.)
- Priority will be given to students with an EFC of less than 5576. (Grant award of $1,189.32)
- Funds will be released by the Treasurer’s Office directly to the student to provide direct, immediate aid.
- HEERF awards do not impact or reduce other aid or cover any outstanding balance at The Citadel.
Students not awarded HEERF II funds may apply for COVID relief on Citadel’s Financial Aid website with the COVID-19 Emergency Grant Fund Application.