The mission and goals of the Masters of Education in Educational Leadership, Elementary School Administration and Supervision and Secondary Administration and Supervision are to teach:
- Knowledge of human and public relations problems in education
- New curricular developments and trends
- Skills in practical applications of educational research
- Competence in applying principles of human and group behavior in problem situations.
- Knowledge and competencies in staff personnel administration
- Different leadership and management styles and a clear understanding and working knowledge of Learner-Centered Education
The Superintendent with a Big Step
Deon Jackson was 18 when he visited campus for the first time. He had never been on an airplane, and he had never been to South Carolina, let alone Charleston or The Citadel. What he discovered were uniforms and structure. And when other colleges were offering him scholarships to play defense, The Citadel offered him an offensive running back position. Jackson signed up. READ More »
Master’s Degree Ranking
- Ranked #1 in Best General Educational Leadership & Administration Master’s Degree Schools in South Carolina Ranking.
- Ranked #1 in Best Educational Administration Master’s Degree Schools in South Carolina Ranking.
*Source: College Factual’s 2022 Best Quality Rankings
Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) – The ELCC is composed of three NCATE constituent member associations: ASCD, NAESP, and NASSP. The Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) provides program standards to NCATE.