The Citadel welcomes applications from students wishing to transfer from another accredited college or university. The application for admission for transfer students is very similar to the application for incoming freshmen. The only difference is the required submission of college transcripts. Like all freshmen, transfer students will start at the beginning of The Citadel experience. This includes international transfer students. Transferring to The Citadel does not allow you to skip the training in the Corps of Cadets that occurs freshman year.
Requirements for Transfer Students
- Transfer students must be a high school graduates or possess a GED.
- Must submit the completed application for admission along with the application fee.
- Must provide an official copy of the high school transcript for evaluation of academic performance (coursework and grades). Transcripts can be provided by schools utilizing various official digital credentialing services or sent via U.S. mail from the school directly to The Citadel Admissions Office / 171 Moultrie St. / Charleston, SC 29409.
- Transfer applicants must have an accumulation of at least 24 hours of college credit with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 on a 4.00 scale (a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.0 is required for consideration). This is while taking courses equivalent to those offered at The Citadel. Applicants with less than two full-time semesters of college work will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Official college transcripts must be provided to the Admissions Office as stated above (#3).
- Medical approval by The Citadel Surgeon. Forms are here .
- Must be at least 17 and less than 23 years of age on the date of matriculation (usually mid-to-late August).
- Married applicants do not qualify.
International transfer students: Submit the Undergraduate International Student Immigration Supplement and the admission application.