Below is a list of requirements for incoming freshman at The Citadel. This includes requirements of international students. Visit the admissions page to complete your application for admission into the Corps of Cadets at The Citadel!
- Prospective freshman students are required to be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- The submission of the completed application for admission, along with the application fee at the completion of the junior year or very early in the senior year.
- Send high school transcripts to admissions. Only the initial application accepts unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts must show your full name and permanent address or birthdate. Prior to receiving final acceptance, all academically-accepted applicants must provide an official transcript verifying their high school graduation. Official transcripts can be provided by schools utilizing various official digital credentialing services or sent via U.S. mail from the school directly to The Citadel Admissions Office / 171 Moultrie St. / Charleston, SC 29409. Note: Grades earned in English, mathematics, science, history, and foreign languages can improve your application.
- Students should submit SAT / ACT test results. For students whose native language is not English, submit TOEFL results. Please note school codes for The Citadel:
- ACT – 3838
- SAT – 5108
- TOEFL – 5108
- Must successfully complete the required coursework.
- The Citadel Surgeon requires medical approval after academic acceptance. Forms are here.
- Must be at least 17 and less than 23 years of age on the date of matriculation. This is usually mid-to-late August.
- Prospective freshmen can’t be married.
International students: Please submit the Undergraduate International Student Immigration Supplement and the application for admission.
If you have any questions about the requirements for the corps of cadets application, please contact us by calling (800) 868-1842 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The current edition of The Citadel catalog includes additional information that you may need.