B.S. in Tactical Strength and Conditioning Summary
The Citadel’s B.S. in Tactical Strength and Conditioning in the Degree Completion program will empower you and advance your career as a professional tactical strength and conditioning coach. Studying at your own pace through our online courses, you will expand your skills and knowledge well beyond that offered by professional certifications alone. You will graduate from this program effectively prepared to design and deliver effective training programs for tactical athletes at the individual level and/or unit-level including, but not limited to: military personnel, firefighters, law enforcement officers, and veterans.
The field of Tactical Strength and Conditioning is rapidly growing. This growth is the direct result of military and paramilitary organizations recognizing the need to have highly skilled experts with the knowledge and experience required to properly train their personnel for optimum performance, readiness, resiliency, and recovery. The B.S. in Tactical Strength and Conditioning Degree Completion program at The Citadel will allow you to advance in your career.
- Learning from the best: As The # 1 Public College in the South, and a Senior Military College, you will learn from world-leading subject matter experts at The Citadel.
- Knowing the How: You will complete your B.S. degree having had multiple opportunities to put theory into practice with practical experiences and feedback on your coaching skills from our faculty, all through our robust online system.
- Knowing the Why: You will complete your B.S. degree with essential theoretical understanding of the physiological principles of performance and resiliency for tactical athletes.
- Advancing your military career: If you currently have a career as a military service member, obtaining your B.S. Degree in Tactical Strength and Conditioning from The Citadel will increase your opportunities for promotion within the military.
- Becoming a Professional Tactical Strength & Conditioning Coach: Graduating from The Citadel with your B.S. in Tactical Strength & Conditioning will allow you to have a competitive advantage in gaining entry-level employment as a government or private sector professional tactical strength and conditioning coach.
- Preparation for advanced degrees: Graduating from The Citadel with your B.S. Degree in Tactical Strength & Conditioning positions you for advanced studies in tactical strength and conditioning as well as related fields of exercise science and health science.
Degree Completion Program Requirements
As a degree completion program, the total number of credits you will need to take in our program depends upon the number of college credits you have already earned. We will work with you to map out the exact number of credits required to complete your B.S. Degree in Tactical Strength and Conditioning. Courses taken towards your completion of your degree include, but are not limited to:
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Motor Development
- Strength and Conditioning
- Biomechanical Kinesiology
- Physiology of Exercise
- Exercise Testing & Prescription
- Leadership in Organizations
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Sport Nutrition
- Accommodating Persons with Disabilities within Sport and Physical Activity
- Psychological Resiliency
- Instructional Aspects of Teaching and Coaching
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Human Performance
- Fundamentals of Applied Functional Anatomy and Physiology Lab
- Tactical Strength and Conditioning
- Care and Prevention of Injuries for Tactical Athletes
- Directed Field Experience in Tactical Strength & Conditioning
- Internship in Tactical Strength & Conditioning
- Completion of the online evening undergraduate application.
- Submission of all official transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities attended. Courses with a grade of C or higher will be considered for transfer to The Citadel. All transcripts must be received in order for the application to be complete and reviewed.
- Submit a one-page letter about why you are interested in the Tactical Strength and Conditioning Program.
The Citadel is the #1 Public College in the South offering up to a master’s degree (U.S. News & World Report) for 11 consecutive years (2012-2021). The Citadel is also named the #1 College for Veterans in the South.
To learn more about this program and curriculum, please email or call Dr. Chris Bellon at 843-953-1652.
To learn more about the admissions process for this program, please email or call The Citadel Graduate College at (843) 953-5089.