The Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Learning and Distance Education collaborates with various institutional units, faculty, staff and programming to achieve the following goals and outcomes:
Goal 1: Promote Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Provide comprehensive, evidence-based programming that highlights best practices in teaching and learning.
- Provide leadership for innovation and implementation of evidence-based approaches to F2F, hybrid, and online teaching.
- Promote faculty and staff development in quality online teaching and learning.
- Support a comprehensive faculty mentoring program
Goal 2: Enhance Faculty and Student Experience and Engagement
- Support the professional growth of faculty and staff across their career span and across disciplines.
- Develop leadership capacity in teaching, curriculum design, development, assessment, and innovation across all levels of the college.
- Promote faculty and staff engagement in best practices of teaching and learning.
- Promote faculty and staff innovation in the use of technology.
Goal 3: Cultivate Climate of Innovation for Teaching and Learning
- Foster a shared, cross-curricular knowledge-base of best practices in teaching and learning to encourage innovation and excellence.
- Engage in the scholarship of teaching and learning to foster innovation and excellence.
- Support faculty and staff innovation in teaching and learning.
- Advocate research-based approaches for innovation in teaching and learning.
Goal 4: Advance Citadel Online
- Deliver a high quality online learning environment that is effective and responsive to the diverse needs of the Citadel community.
- Support continuous quality improvement of online programming.
- Support leadership formation as a critical component of all online course development.
- Support the development of student success and engagement through the development of virtual community.
Goal 5: Extend Scale of Offerings and Resources
- Maintain a funding module that promotes quality teaching and learning, including support for resources.
- Leverage the Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Learning and Distance Education to enhance the Citadel’s community, network, and partners.
- Partner with other centers and departments on and off campus to foster best practices and collaboration.
- Serve as a campus hub for teaching and learning resources and training.