The CySP is authorized by Chapter 112 of U.S.C., Section 2200, designed to encourage the recruitment of the nation’s top cyber talent and the retention of DoD personnel who have skills necessary to meet DoD’s cyber requirements and help secure our nation against threats of information systems and networks. Provide scholarships to students in pursuit of cyber-related degree at National Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Education: Cyber Defense (CAE-CD), Cyber Defense Research (CAE-R) or Cyber Operations (CAE-CO).
- Full tuition, fees, and books scholarship for awarded years
- Annual stipend (for living expenses): $25,000 per year
- Laptop allowance of up to $1,500 per academic year for SFS Job Fair and other travel, books, professional certifications, etc.
- Special mentorship and cohort-related extracurricular activities to acquaint the student with cyber opportunities and make them more competitive for post-graduation jobs
- Currently a sophomore with two years remaining until graduation
- Major in Computer Science or Cyber Operations
- Minor in Cybersecurity for Computer Science majors
- Cannot have an accepted ROTC contract or military obligations after graduation
- Citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Minimum GPA of 3.20
Program Participation Requirements
- Work in a Department of Defense agency post-graduation for the number of years of the scholarship award.
- Complete one summer internship for at least 10 weeks, typically paid, with a government organization (Federal, State, Local, or Tribal) during the scholarship period.
- Participate in research and professional-development events and activities, for example, research project, career preparation activities or seminars.
- Have a strong interest in working for a DoD government organization.
- Hold security clearance or capability of obtaining security clearance.
- Actively involved in cybersecurity student organizations, competitions, research or other activities.
The selection process will include an essay prepared by the student, an interview, and an assessment of the student’s performance to date and financial need. If you are interested in being considered and learning more, please contact Dr. Shankar Banik in person or at email@example.com.