Composing your resume and cover letter
Resumes and cover letters are tools to make an impact on potential employers, graduate schools, mentors, or industry groups. Your resume is a guide for you and a potential interviewer to highlight your TRANSFERRABLE SKILLS. Find samples, tips and resources to improve your resume and cover letter.
Your resume should:
1) Show evidence you are qualified for whatever the goal is – What have you done that shows you are a good fit for a position (internship, job, graduate program, scholarship, etc.)?
2) Help you secure an interview – How can you articulate what you have done to show you are a strong candidate?
Find resume samples by year and by discipline, along with sample cover letters, professional references, and more.
Samples by year:
Samples by Discipline:
Cover Letter Example
Click and Grab Resources
- Action Verbs
- Resume Brochure
- Resume Presentation 101 Overview
- What are “transferrable” skills and how to list them on a resume
- Federal Guidelines for FBI Resumes and Applications