Career Resources for Alumni
The Alumni connection is important to The Citadel. There are many alumni career resources available that can be found on this page. These include Handshake, resume help, networking, and help navigating career options, and other helpful resources. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please reach out to the Career Center.
Do You Have Career Center Appointment Times For Alumni?
Alumni, up to 3 years, can schedule a 30-min Zoom for job search strategies, access to Handshake, and access our campus recruiting schedule. Handshake is our job board and employer database. Alumni over 3 years are asked to contribute a $50 minimum to The Career Center Fund with TCF, which supports our internship scholarship program. Email email@example.com for help with your job search.
Do You Provide Resume Feedback For Alumni?
See above for up to 3-years. We do not have the staff size to provide online resume reviews for alumni since our focus is current, first-time job seekers. We refer alumni to several resources:
- Col. Ben Wham ’86 (ASAF) is the lead Engineer, Scout and Managing Partner for Global Recruiters of Charlottesville. He offers “world-class permanent placement services by providing companies top-performing talent, under the most demanding deadlines.” Ben’s focus is professional-level, engineering and government sector positions. He can be reached at (434) 328-5100/ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The RevRez: Career Resources – Resume Refresh – $95 includes 30min. zoom session, resume review, strategic actions to make your resume pop. Resume Revamp – $225 includes a 1hr zoom session to align career goals, a thorough resume review and customized resume editing/tailoring.
- Restart Community Groups: Free career guidance to enhance job search skills in the Charleston community
I Am Moving to Charleston. Can You Help Me Navigate Career Options?
If you are seeking positions for entry-level up to 3-5yrs experience, access Handshake, our job board and employer database. For mid-late career professionals, the below Charleston resources will help you better understand our economy and gain access to our leading sectors: Aerospace, Automotive, Info.Tech, Life Sciences and Logistics.
- Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA): Data on our 5 five major industries
- Charleston Community Guide: TriCounty area resources, all in one place
- Charleston Works: Tech sector companies & jobs with “NOW HIRING” easily accessible
- Charleston Open Source: Jobs, community information, business news and more
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce: A go-to for local resources, information, and networking
How Can I Network With Alumni?
- Alumni can connect through the Alumni Club network or their CAA District Director.
- Members of The Citadel Alumni Association can log on to the CAA Alumni Directory to update their own profiles and search for fellow alumni by class year, location, profession, and employer.
- Search the CAA business directory for alumni-owned businesses
- Access The Citadel’s LinkedIn Alumni Tool to connect with The Citadel alumni network to ask advice and direction. Here is a quick overview to get you started!
Helpful Links to The Citadel Alumni Association Career Tools and Resources
Major Employer Resources in SC, NC, GA, FL, and the D.C. Area
Online Career Counseling Free Resources
- Work it Daily You Tube Channel with Career Counselor J.T. O’Donnell (FREE YOUTUBE TUTORIALS)
- Career Coach – Job Jenny
I Want to Help Students, Where Do I Start?
- While our focus in current students, please share your information with us. You never know when we can help make a connection!
- If you want to engage on campus, please contact email@example.com or a department directly, we have a variety of advisory boards, mentorship programs, and recruiting events. We will be happy to help connect you.