The Citadel Financial Management Association is a student-run organization for students that are interested in finance and investments. Through various events and activities, the club aims to introduce and educate students to concepts relevant to their financial future, enable them to gain experience and insight in investments, and provide a forum for students to interact with finance professionals. Ultimately, the club’s purpose is to assist students in transitioning from school to a business environment.
Club members participate in many interesting activities like managing a real-money portfolio, competing in stock trading competitions, and the CFA investment challenge, and attend finance conferences and forums. In addition, club members have the opportunity to assume leadership positions, make connections with mentors and finance professionals, and receive advice on networking and internships.
Please visit our Facebook page or the links on the left to find out more about the Citadel FMA and come join us at the next meeting or event. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be a member or have any questions.
FMA National Honor Society
The Financial Management Association National Honor Society recognizes undergraduate and graduate students that have demonstrated superior scholarship and achievement in the area of finance at colleges in the United States, Canada and Great Britain. It is the only international organization that that specifically rewards outstanding academic performance in the disciplines of finance and financial services.
The Citadel Chapter of the FMA National Honor Society was first established on October 1st, 2012 by the chapter’s faculty advisor Dr. Iordanis Karagiannidis and Andrew Munnerlyn, the chapter’s first president. Its objective is to honor Citadel students that meet the eligibility requirements.
Participation in the Citadel Chapter of the FMA National Honor Society has many benefits for the students:
- FMA National Honor Society recognition (certificate and lapel pin)
- Recognition on FMA’s website (updated quarterly)
- Recognition on the Citadel Chapter’s FMA NHS website
- One year subscription to the Journal of Applied Finance, Financial Management and the Financial Management and FM E-newsletter
- Access to the online resource guide Careers in Finance>
- Access to additional benefits at the FMA student chapter website (>www.fma.org/Student)
- Participation in FMA’s annual student conference, the Finance Leaders’ Conference
- Electronic Membership with the American Association of Individual Investors (AAII – $29 value, for FREE)
Students that do not meet the eligibility requirements for the National Honor Society can become regular (non-NHS) FMA members and have access to the same benefits except the National Honor Society recognition, certificate and lapel pin. After graduation, Citadel students, can continue their membership as alumni members for two years at no extra charge.
- Be a current Citadel student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Junior or senior class standing (undergraduate) or have completed one-half of required coursework (graduate)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (graduate) or 3.25 (undergraduate)
- Have taken at least six (6) hours of finance related course work
- Have a minimum GPA or 3.5 in finance related course work
If you are interested in becoming a member please contact the chapter’s faculty advisor, Dr. Iordanis Karagiannidis at email@example.com.