The Business Administration degree completion program consists of 62 credit hours of general education and business prerequisite courses. These coures will typically be taken at another institution for transfer. Some of these courses may be available online at The Citadel during the Summer terms. Students planning to transfer to The Citadel with the 24 credit hour minimum of transfer credit are encouraged to have the (*) courses complete.
- *English Composition I (3 credit hours)
- *English Composition II (3 credit hours)
- *Business Prerequisites (9 credit hours)
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Statistics or Probability and Statistics
- Mathematics (6 credit hours)
- Mathematical Modeling or College Algebra
- More advanced Math or Statistics course
- Social Sciences (6 credit hours)
- History (6 credit hours)
- Humanities/Fine Arts (6 credit hours)
- Lab Science (8 credit hours)
- Electives (15 credit hours) 
Total Credit Hours: 62
An earned Associate in Arts degree from a South Carolina technical college can fulfill all the Prerequisite and General Education requirements. Students will have to work with their SC technical college advisor to be certain they are taking the prescribed requirements for their associate’s degree. Use this Transfer Guide to help ensure requirements for both institutions are being met.
Here is a list of the CHE approved 86 courses that transfer between public colleges and universities in South Carolina. The Citadel may accept additional transfer credit from SC and other institutions not listed on the CHE approved list. For additional information about acceptable transfer credit, use CollegeTransfer.Net to search your institution.
 If the student chooses, four additional electives may be taken prior to transfer. If done, this will decrease the number of credit hours taken at The Citadel by twelve.
Upon transfer to The Citadel, students will:
- Receive a 58 credit hour curriculum to help develop essential business and leadership skills
- Sharpen ethical and critical thinking skills
- Study under distinguished faculty who bring a mix of real-world experience and academic expertise
- Enjoy flexibility in completing your coursework in the evening or online
The following courses will be completed at The Citadel:
Orientation Seminar (1 credit hour)
- EUGS 101 Introduction to The Citadel Experience
Course must be taken during first semester.
Required Business Courses (27 credit hours)
- BADM 110 Computer Applications in Business
- BADM 216 Communications in Business
- BADM 305 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
- BADM 309 Marketing Principles
- BADM 310 Production and Operations Management
- BADM 321 Business Finance
- BADM 338 Management and Organizational Behavior
- BADM 371 Leadership in Organizations
- BADM 422 Strategic Management
Business Electives (12 credit hours)
- Students will select four additional BADM courses.
General Electives (18 credit hours)
- Six of the 18 credit hours must be 300 or 400 level courses.
Total Credit Hours: 58
Course Delivery Methods
The Business Administration Degree Completion program offers courses in Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Most courses are now available in an accelerated, condensed format, allowing students more flexibility in scheduling their courses and balancing their lives. Courses are taught as hybrid or completely online, and students should strategize with their Academic Advisor to create a completion plan that works for them, choosing to be enrolled part-time or full-time.
Hybrid business courses meet face-to-face with online content. The in-person classes are taught one evening per week on The Citadel’s campus. All in-person meetings begin at 6:00 pm unless otherwise indicated in the class schedule. Business courses meet in Bond Hall.
Online business classes are taught using CITLearn (Blackboard), an online course management system. Students will login to CITLearn via Lesesne Gateway, the student management system. Students needing technical assistance may contact the IT Helpdesk.