Create and maintain safe and secure campus facilities to advance student learning, innovation, and campus operations
Engage in comprehensive strategic master planning effort to chart roadmap of The Citadel for the next fifty years.
- Complete an infrastructure and facilities study.
- Conduct a comprehensive campus parking and traffic study.
- Develop a comprehensive Campus Masterplan and a campus edge plan.
Maintain, build, renovate, and/or repurpose facilities on campus in support of the Campus Masterplan concept.
- Align capital construction project priorities with Campus Masterplan.
- Build Bastin Hall for the Tommy and Victoria Baker School of Business.
- Build Capers Hall for the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Expand and enhance Engineering academic space.
- Maintain the quality of the barracks with furniture replacement.
- Complete strategic facility renovations and upgrades that are currently underway.
- Design and complete strategic facilities renovations and upgrades consistent with the Campus Masterplan.
Invest in experiential and innovative teaching and learning space.
- Renovate learning spaces and incorporate new educational technology, including virtual and augmented reality.
- Develop a virtual learning commons.
- Develop facilities that support programs and centers of distinction to include facilities that position The Citadel as a state and national leader in performance, readiness, resiliency, and recovery of its citizens.
- Develop a plan to transform Daniel Library into a 21st century Information and Research Center and Learning Commons.
Enhance campus safety and security.
- Install a big-voice system through campus.
- Purchase and implement a safety and security risk smart phone app.
- Execute campus-wide pedestrian and vehicle safety and security enhancements.
- Implement traffic control measures along Jones Avenue.
- Continue implementation of facility access controls throughout campus.
- Implement campus wide perimeter fencing standard.