Advance The Citadel as the Senior Military College and Graduate College of Choice
Pursue opportunities to expand the programs offered by and the reach of The Citadel and The Citadel Graduate College.
- Expand enrollment in The Citadel Graduate College and College Transfer Programs.
- Expand and refine graduate assistantship program.
- Create an admissions welcome center and expand support provided to Citadel volunteer recruiters.
- Conduct feasibility studies for BS in Industrial Engineering and BS in Environmental Engineering.
- Conduct feasibility study for MS in Systems Engineering and MS in Construction Engineering.
- Offer Project Management and MS Engineering degrees online.
- Conduct feasibility studies for new options in Public Policy, to include an undergraduate minor, BA in Public Policy Studies, and MA in Public Policy Studies.
- Conduct feasibility study of a Digital Humanities program.
- Launch new program, MA in Military History.
Improve access and affordability for cadets and students interested in attending The Citadel.
- Help prospective cadets and students clearly understand the cost and value of a Citadel education, known as “The Citadel Effect.”
- Offer competitive levels of financial aid to address unmet financial need.
- Create new unrestricted financial aid scholarships.
- Solicit and cultivate donors to increase unrestricted giving to Athletics.
- Solicit and cultivate donors to grow established scholarships and start new scholarships in Athletics.
- Expand recruitment plan for coaches to bring in cadets and students from underrepresented groups.
Enhance and enrich recruitment of and student support services for Veteran students.
- Expand student services and opportunities for veteran and active duty students.
- Enhance emergency funding for Veteran students.
- Become competitive for a federal Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) Veterans Success Center grant.
- Create collaborative space for Veteran students.
Promote and strengthen The Citadel brand.
- Communicate to stakeholders the cost and value of a Citadel education, known as “The Citadel Effect.”
- Research brand perception and codify key brand attributes, brand positioning, and brand promise.
- Further develop visual brand assets.
- Develop and implement policy and procedures for brand implementation and enforcement.
- Increase visibility of The Citadel in the national public discourse.