Enhance the learning environment through academic programs of distinction and student success services
Invest in educational and interdisciplinary programs of distinction and centers of excellence.
- Implement new general education program.
- Establish endowed faculty chairs for select academic programs.
- Develop the Center for Performance, Readiness, Resiliency and Recovery (CPR3), which will include continuing education, research, and community outreach functions.
- Conduct feasibility study for Oral History Research Center.
- Conduct feasibility study for Swain Center for Experiential Scholarship
- Conduct feasibility study for a Digital Humanities Center suite of facilities to support the production of academic and research-based multimedia projects.
- Conduct feasibility study for BS in Cyber Operations including 2+2 with Trident Technical College.
- Establish a dedicated Cyber Lab with a virtual component, a new Cyber Range, and a SCIF.
- Enhance the Intelligence and Security Studies programs to include IAFIE certification, additional faculty lines, and host conferences including Days of Intrigue conference under the Center for Cyber, Intelligence, and Security Studies.
- Establish and advance Citadel Online as a best practice virtual community in student-centered online teaching based upon Quality Matters metrics.
Implement processes and systems that facilitate excellence in experiential learning and scholarship.
- Collaborate with South Carolina Research Authority to identify needs and research capabilities of the institution and methods for collaborating with other institutions and entities.
- Develop liaisons with external entities to support grant opportunities for local Lowcountry community needs.
- Develop curricular offerings for the Innovation strand of the new general education that integrate the experiential learning focus at every level of the student learner.
- Design and implement a system to connect alumni with student mentees by developing discipline specific mentoring groups.
- Create a centralized structure to organize the grants program for faculty and staff.
- Obtain external funding for the Student Excellence Day (SED), Citadel SURE, and research and presentation funding per academic year.
Infuse career development and readiness programs into the campus culture.
- Secure/develop scholarship funding for summer internships.
- Expand career education offerings to SCCC and CGC.
- Improve professional readiness by increasing at-graduation placement rates and developing platforms to increase student engagement, education and learning opportunities.
- Provide support to increase competitive acceptance to graduate schools.
- Implement survey of graduates one year post-graduation.
Enhance resources and services to support Citadel Graduate College students.
- Hire academic coaches for students to enhance retention and student success.
- Expand student affairs programming for students.
- Offer amenities and food services on campus during the evening hours.
Enhance resources and services to support cadet-athletes.
- Integrate NCAA Academic Progress Rate (APR) goals into performance review for athletic coaches.
- Support the Student Success Center with increases to staffing and technology.