Educate and develop principled leaders
Increase integration of the leadership model in curricular, co-curricular, and athletic programs.
- Develop a college-wide understanding of principled leadership and its application at The Citadel.
- Develop a messaging strategy to support leadership development and instruction, focusing on the leadership curriculum (LDRS) and Leadership Training Program (LTP).
- Develop policies and procedures to vet co-curricular, experiential, and athletic activities that are included on the leadership transcript.
- Incorporate new leadership course(s) in general education and required curriculum.
Provide high-impact experiences for Citadel cadets and students through international education abroad and domestic programs.
- Identify and expand potential abroad experiences for short-term faculty-led summer and semester long programs.
- Expand the Global Scholars Program to eight international sites.
- Provide scholarships to cadets and students for summer study away and development funds to faculty for creating new programs.
- Establish a Citadel Center in DC for semester-long study away opportunities.
- Establish a study away program in Silicon Valley.
- Increase number of international cadets in the Corps of Cadets.
- Streamline processes and develop ways to incorporate the abroad experience in degree programs, including new software to assist in the process.
Grow cadet and student participation in high-impact Service Learning and Community Engagement.
- Increase the funding for and the number of cadets and students participating in the summer SUCCEED (Summer Undergraduate Community-based Civic Engagement Experience for Development as Leaders) Fellow experiences.
- Complete a feasibility study of sustainable Peer Leaders in Undergraduate Service (PLUS) program.
- Increase funding for and the number of cadets and students participating in alternative break experiences.
- Increase the number and variety of courses that integrate SLCE.
- Increase the number of faculty incorporating service learning in their courses.
- Increase SCCC and CGC student participation in SLCE.